Business Development Manager
Location: San Diego, California / Remote
We are looking for an experienced and creative Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our growing US Sales team and help take our company and platform to the next level! This role is a mid-level management position within the OTG platform tasked with growing the social enterprise by securing contracts with new organizational customers (partners) and retaining and expanding revenue from existing partners. The primary responsibility of the BDM is to bring forward expertise in corporate sales by prospecting, qualifying, and building relationships with new partners across the U.S. This position reports directly to the OTG Senior Vice President and account management team. This individual also leads the team on valuable sales opportunities and initiates new and innovative client pursuits across the OTG platform that align with OTG mission priorities. The BDM will manage a portfolio of new business sales, coach and develop direct reports, and serve as a partner to the entire CARS staff to advance the overall mission of CARS and OTG.
- Oversee the growing business development associate staff responsible for generating new business, and the supporting efforts to raise more than $500,000 across these channels annually.
- Motivate, organize, manage, train, and lead staff in a manner which promotes professional accomplishments and career enhancement.
- Develop strong relationships with Director of Operations and Customer Support liaisons and serve as an expert and consultant on corporate new business development for them providing guidance on prospecting, creating sales resources and sharing best practices to drive growth in corporate acquisition across the OTG platform and the enterprise.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on progress and outcomes against goals for corporate new business development metrics for the organization and support the development of dashboards, analytical tools and modifications of CRM to enhance data-driven decision making.
- Maintain existing account portfolio, as well as prospect, establish, and scale new partner accounts through relationship-based selling.
- Ability to work independently and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Achieve revenue/account growth in accordance with assigned goals and objectives.
- Estimated 15% travel is required to attend conferences and association meetings in order to develop rapport in the aging services, workforce development, and NEMT communities.
- Keep organized and accurate records/reports as required.
- Understanding of Non-Emergency Medical Transportation, aging services, and workforce development services desired.
- Grant writing experience and/or understanding of government contracting processes is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to use appropriate business acumen to execute daily partner touchpoints and call cycle management by utilizing a wide variety of techniques, from traditional advertising sales approaches to highly technical approaches.
- Ability to identify customer needs, influence others and apply practical learning.
- Highly motivated, results driven leader.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and infrequently up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years successful sales/development experience, with at least 2 years in a client-facing professional service role.
- Nonprofit fundraising/grant writing experience preferred.
- Results-oriented leader with a proven track record of leading, coaching, developing and motivating staff to be a high-performing team delivering results against outlined goals to support strategic business priorities.
- Experience communicating client-specific value propositions, establishing oneself as a trusted advisor.
- Successful experience delivering results in a role highly dependent on strong and collaborative internal relationships to execute on the fundraising/sales strategy and demonstrated success against targets.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to use sound professional judgement, interpersonal skills, organizational abilities, and risk mitigation through process to secure new accounts supporting the mission in partnership with leadership and direct reports.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in matrixed organization to identify and package assets and benefits for prospects in order to meet sales targets and team financial goals.
- Proficiency in monitoring and conducting work on multiple activities, with multiple deadlines, to ensure quality and progress.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation/communication, and excellent relationship building skills; demonstrated ability to effectively convey ideas and provide instruction. Skilled in use of: Excel, Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, and sales or fundraising CRM
At CARS and OTG, we are committed to living a mission every day that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Fexible Spending Account option.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Most federal/statutory holidays observed.
- 401(k) self-contribution & corporate match.
CARS is an equal employment opportunity employer
CARS does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status.
No Search Firms
CARS does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All cover letters and resumes submitted by search firms to any CARS employee or CARS representative via email, the internet, or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our HR team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by CARS.
Ready to Move Forward:
Click the button below to learn more and submit your application.