8 Tips for a Smooth Rideshare Trip
On the Go partners with rideshare services like Lyft and Uber to provide convenient, affordable, and seamless transportation for riders across the country. We understand that individuals may experience uncertainty leading up to their rideshare experience. The good news is a great ride depends nearly as much on the passenger as the driver. To help you make the most of your Lyft or Uber rides, we've compiled a list of tips to help guide you through your rideshare experience.
- Punctuality is Key Make sure you're outside and ready when your driver arrives. This ensures a smooth and efficient pick-up process. When scheduling trips, we encourage riders to give themselves some buffer time. Unexpected delays can happen, and it's better to arrive early than to rush.
- Verify Your Ride: Before stepping into your ride, ensure that the correct rideshare logo is prominently displayed in the car window. Also, ask the driver to confirm the name of the rider they’re picking up to ensure that it matches your information.
- Prioritize Safety and Respect Traffic Rules: Safety first! Always remember to buckle up when you get into the car – it's not just for your protection, but it also assures your driver's peace of mind. Additionally, it's crucial to prioritize safety on the road. Never request your driver to speed or break traffic laws. Safe journeys benefit everyone.
- Ask Permission to Eat, Drink, or Smoke: Ask your driver for permission before indulging in snacks, drinks, or cigarettes in their car. Remember that the driver's vehicle is their personal space and property. Not everyone appreciates food or odors in their vehicle.
- Be Kind and Respectful: A little kindness goes a long way. Always be polite and respectful to your driver and extend the same courtesy to their vehicle. Treat the car with care, closing the doors gently to prevent unnecessary wear and tear. By doing so, you contribute to a better experience for your driver and future riders.
- Avoid Asking for Unscheduled Stops: Drivers have a schedule to maintain and other passengers to pick up. To ensure your timely arrival and a smooth journey for all, please don’t ask your driver for extra stops during your ride.
- Gather Your Belongings: Be sure to collect all your belongings before leaving the vehicle. Remember, once you step out, drivers aren't obligated to return lost items. You can avoid the stress by doing a second look over before leaving the vehicle.
- On the Go is Here to Help: If you have any questions about your ride, don't hesitate to call On the Go. Our agents are here to help you navigate any issues.
Next time as you embark on a Lyft or Uber trip, remember these eight essential tips for a smooth and enjoyable ride. If you ever have questions or need assistance, our dedicated On the Go agents are just a call away, ready to help you navigate any situation. Safe travels!